This page is full of links to resources in Portland and other cool websites to help people keep chickens and build chicken coops.
A list of local stores
- www.urbanfarmstore.com – SE farm store with chicks.
- linntonfeed.com – NW feed store, with chicks and all things chicken. Will accept unwanted roosters.
- Foster Feed & Garden – SE feed store.
- naomisorganic.blogspot.com – SE feed store with chicks and local pullets.
- www.homesteadsupplyco.com – SE feed store with chicks from Pete’s Hatchery.
A list of local chicken events
- www.oregonpoultryswap.com – Organization with meetings to “swap” chickens. Next Meeting Feb 21st in Rickreall 10 am – 3pm.
A list of hatcheries
- www.jenkshatchery.com – Oregon hatchery, limited selection but good prices. Teaming with Petes Hatchery to expand selection.
- www.peteshatchery.com – Oregon hatchery, Teaming with Jenks Hatchery to expand quantity of chicks. Fairly limited selection but basic layers are present and good prices. Hatches every Tuesday for 2015,